When installing or upgrading an electrical system, there are a number of factors we need to consider in order to create an environmentally sustainable environment for future generations. This is particularly important when it comes to the construction of new office buildings, factories, co-ops or condominiums, or when renovating of older ones.
The Electrical Works provides a broad range of energy efficient and environmentally sustainable solutions, to help us reduce heat so that motors and appliances last longer; so that we lower our carbon footprint; we protect our electrical system from power surges; we avoid power factor charges; and ultimately lower our monthly electricity bill. We can help your building meet the standards of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) credits through the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC).
The Electrical Works offers green energy services such as (but not limited to):
- Energy audits, in order to diagnose wasteful patterns in total consumption of energy.
- Refurbishing and reconditioning of existing equipment to extend its useful life, instead of replacing them.
- Installing lighting controls, in order to turn off the lights when a space is empty, and reduce artificial lighting when natural light is strong.
- Installing transformers that reduce harmonic currents which disrupt the flow of useful electricity in a circuit.
- Installing circuit breakers that save energy, as opposed to fused disconnects that have less watts loss for like ratings.
- Installing circuit breakers that reset after they trip, whereas fuses must be replaced and discarded in compliance with special disposal procedures.
- Installing solar and wind powered systems with safety and cost efficiency.
- Electric vehicle charging systems for apartment buildings, condominiums and parking garages.